[Esd-l] Fwd: Notepad popups in Internet Explorer and Outlook

Marcus Williams marcus at quintic.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 03:00:04 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 10:22, you wrote:
> The link mentioned above is dead. I get an obscure site with the message
> "you searched for 007cheats". Somehow this feels like a hoax to me.
> Sombody got better results? I seem to remember that a russian guy did
> some tricks with notepad and HTML under IE 5 a year or so back. Could this
> be referring to that?

Works fine here (via mozilla with no popups obviously). I went to it
this morning with IE and it popped up a notepad window. Its easy to
reproduce - just put an image in a piece of html with the src url of
"view-source:file:///path/to/some/local/file" and then open this html
file in IE.

Works for me (IE6). Apparently works in an HTML email as well.

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams -- http://www.quintic.co.uk
Quintic Ltd, 39 Newnham Road, Cambridge, UK