[Esd-l] Sanitizer in $HOME/.procmailrc

Mark_Saunders Mark_Saunders at piucorp.com
Wed Oct 9 14:40:01 PDT 2002

Create an executable containing something like this:
formail -ds procmail /home/me/testprocmail/test.procmail
</home/me/testprocmail/testmbox

where test.procmail is the test version of your .procmailrc file
and
testmbox is the equivalent (or even a copy) of your ~/mbox with messages in
it.(this is what you are filtering)

MAKE SURE YOU SET PERMISSIONS CORRECTLY
check the permissions of the existing equivalent files on your system if
you're not sure.

The test.procmail file should point various items to your test environment,
like this:
 MAILDIR=$HOME/testprocmail
 LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log
 VERBOSE=1
 DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
 LINEBUF=8192
INCLUDERC=/home/me/testprocmail/html-trap.procmail
:0
* other filters you want to test
whatever

You can test all of your filters this way before putting them into production.

You can check your filtered messages, after you've run them through the
filter, with mail -f ~/testprocmail/mbox

This is all explained in greater detail in "The Procmail Companion" by Martin
McCarthy
I found it quite useful.
Have fun!

Informatica - Fenac wrote:

> I would like to know if  sanitizer can be installed in : $HOME/.procmailrc
> to run in an enviromment test?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Geovane Gongalves
> Brasil