[Esd-l] VOTE: adding duplicate notification suppression

Daniel Marois DMarois at zoom-media.com
Fri Jun 14 06:06:01 PDT 2002

I would personally like to have a choice.

I did have a case last year where a corrupt procmail.log in a user directory
prevented infected messages to be quarantined. As it is working now, if I
see 20 emails in quarantine and I receive 20 warnings, I know that I got
them all. This is how usually do a quick check, just make sure that the
number of quarantine match the warnings.

Another idea would be to put the number of suppressed warning in the
"master" warning message, that way we would be able to make a match with the
number of quarantined messages.

Daniel Marois
System administrator
Zoom Media inc.