[Esd-l] Mangle Extensions

Scott Taylor scott at dctchambers.com
Thu Jun 13 13:15:02 PDT 2002

Oops, sorry, hit the send button by mistake. =P

At 12:10 PM 13/06/2002, you wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Scott Taylor wrote:
>
> > So, my question is this: if I take out the 's' from this line (beautiful
> > RegEx) of the html-trap but leave it on the only other line (L# 951) I can
> > see with 'xl', it won't get mangled, but will it still go through the
> macro
> > check or am I just going to break the mime type?
> >
> > MANGLE_EXTENSIONS='...|xl[swt]|...'
>
>Change it to ...|xt[wt]|...

Not sure what an xtt or xtw file is. ;)

Clarity is obviously not one of my strong points ("if I take out the 's'").
How about the one on line 951 of the html-trap script?  What will happen if
I change that one or not change it?

>xls wont' get mangled, but it will still get macro-scanned

Good, that's what I want.

>and will
>still be subject to filename poisoning. Office files are "special"
>that way.

If I had it my way, all office files would be poison.  But, alas...

>    344 days until The Matrix Reloaded

I never did notice the date in the movie, that is what you are talking
about right?  Or have I missed something?