[Esd-l] More dropped Fs

John D. Hardin jhardin at impsec.org
Wed Jun 12 17:15:11 PDT 2002

Forwarded by request...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Victor" <victord at paid.com>
To: <esd-l at spconnect.com>
Subject: Problem with Sanitizer and Headers.
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:54:12 -0400

I have an urgent problem. It seems some mails with attachments are written
to the Mailbox without the F on the From.

So the first line of the message is

rom blah at blah instead of
>From blah at blah

This obviously breaks the message and Outlook does not see it.

What could be causing this? I am running procmail 3.22 and latest revision
of the impsec code.

This occurs in emails with .DOC and .XLS extensions (I removed them from the
mangle list). Docs say these are special and will still be analyzed. Well,
something seems to have gone wrong and "From" is being mangled somehow.

Please help, or post any ideas you might have. Any help appreciated.