[Esd-l] Problem with unmangling attachments

Scott Taylor scott at dctchambers.com
Mon Jun 3 07:30:01 PDT 2002

[rant first - solution later]
Nothing like having an email client that follows the standards of
email.  My first rule in email security: "Never use OEx no matter how many
ways they try to say it's secure."  And I don't care how much my users
whine, they can learn to use something else.
[/rant]

At 11:03 AM 02/06/2002, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have run the Sanitizer before on my mail server with no problems, but last
>night I installed it again after a long hiatus (passing a few version
>numbers along the way, I think). This install is giving me a problem with
>mangled attachments when I view them with Outlook Express 6.

Unless OE6 has some kind of setting for attachments, I'd recommend looking
up the manual way to unmangle attachments.  I go right into the hold and
find the offending email, then:
- remove this line:
and unmangle the name in all places.
then reapply the message with 'cat':
cat file >> /var/spool/mail/myuser
make sure you use two ">" so you don't blow away any mail that is unopened
for the user.

BTW, what's a "x-msdownload" content type?