[Esd-l] Alternatives to Sanitizer

Graham Dunn gdunn at inscriber.com
Mon Jul 22 07:11:00 PDT 2002

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 10:56:50PM -0700, Simon Matthews wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, John D. Hardin wrote:
>
> > That's a pretty big minus. I like being MTA-agnostic. I also like the
> > configuration flexibility that procmail provides.
>
> John,
>
> as a Postfix user, I entirely agree with you.
>
> Actually, I can only think anyone would use Sendmail if they have not
> tried Postfix!

Isn't subjectivity wonderful? :]

I've used sendmail, postfix, and qmail ... they're all useful for
certain things. I'm comfortable with sendmail (having close contacts
with sendmail developers also makes my life easier in "hmm, how do I
do X?" situations) *shrug* YMMV, etc. I'm certainly not an evangelist
:]

The mimedefang author has talked about venturing into MTA-agnosticism,
so that may happen someday. Mimedefang is mostly perl, so I guess
porting the sanitizer would involve moving the procmail configuration
bits into perl.

Graham