[Esd-l] Curious KLEZ immunity (from DELIVERY!) (fwd)

Marcus Williams marcus at quintic.co.uk
Thu Jul 18 01:25:01 PDT 2002

On Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at 20:06, you wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 10:16, John D. Hardin wrote:
>> I figure this insight might be of interest to someone.  Let's see everyone
>> switching to plussed aliases... <g>
>
> I started to do that, but my mail client, Evolution, doesn't let me edit
> my From line when composing a message. I'd have to create a separate
> "account" for each mailing list, and that gets tedious fast.

TMDA (http://tmda.sf.net) can be set up to use plussed addresses -
then all you have to do is set up an outgoing filter to automagically
change your email addresses according to the email list you're posting
to. Its also a fantastic spam filter....

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams - http://www.onq2.com
Quintic Ltd, 39 Newnham Road, Cambridge, UK