[Esd-l] Sanitizer works for all except a few

Mark_Saunders Mark_Saunders at piucorp.com
Tue Jul 16 08:20:01 PDT 2002

I believe you're saying that only Outlook users are getting attachments
stripped...
If this is the case, Outlook's latest "security" feature is to deny access
to specific file types.
There is a registry hack that overrides this functionality.
You can read about it here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q262631
Outlook doesn't have the ability to look at the raw message, like Netscape
does...if it did, you'd probably notice that the message actually contains
the data you can't access.

Chris Rothbauer wrote:

> I just installed procmail and sanitizer to strip all unwanted
> attachments from inbound email. Very nice tool, by the way. I have it
> working across my initial test group except for two people (about a 25%
> failure rate). We use Outlook 2000 client against Solaris 2.6, Sendmail
> 8.11.6, procmail 3.15.2, and Sanitizer 1.135.
>
> The two who received "stripped" files (outlook strips them) have
> different shells (/bin/false, and /bin/bash), don't have .forward files
> or .procmailrc files, and I have removed their .profile and .bashrc
> files.
>
> The log entries for my procmail.log (mine works) and theirs are
> identical.
>
> I am running out of ideas. Any thoughts on where I can look?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

mv $win /dev/null