[Esd-l] How do I display Virus Names

Simon Matthews simon at paxonet.com
Mon Jan 14 10:36:02 PST 2002

Herbert,

You have missed the concept behind the sanitizer.

The Sanitizer is intended to catch viruses in a generic manner -- it is not
looking for specific viruses (as most PC virus scanners do), but rather
looking for dangerous files that MIGHT contain a virus.

In this way, it can catch viruses BEFORE they are recognized and BEFORE
anti-virus software is updated to look for specific virus signatures.

Simon