[Esd-l] Procmail Sanitizer on gateway, sendmail.mc

Kenneth Porter shiva at well.com
Thu Feb 21 02:12:01 PST 2002

I've had the Sanitizer running fine for local delivery and now I'd like
to try getting it working for outbound mail, so I want to try the stuff
described in http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-on-gateway.txt.

As I use a .mc file on a Red Hat 7.2 system, I tried the suggested edits
and then checked the resulting sendmail.cf against my working copy, and
I see that I get two entries for a procmail mailer, because I'm using
MAILER(procmail):

Mprocmail,	P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=DFMSPhnu9, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP/HdrFromSMTP,
		T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
		A=procmail -Y -m $h $f $u

Mprocmail,      P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=DFMmShun, S=11/31, R=21/31, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -m $h $g $u

The first entry is from the MAILER declaration, and the second entry is
from the procmail-on-gateway edit. I'm suspecting this is wrong, and
that I can only have one mailer for a given name, so I haven't deployed
it yet.

What's really going on here? What are the differences between the above
definitions? Should I use the copy from the stock setup, or rename the
mailer used in the p-o-g recipe?

The README in the sendmail-cf package suggests that the MAILER(procmail)
is used to support procmail-assisted mailertables. This suggests that,
to permit coexistence, the p-o-g mailer should be renamed to something
like Msanitizer and suitable changes (details?) should be made to the
rules in the recipe.