[Esd-l] Something new

Simon Matthews simon at paxonet.com
Sat Feb 2 00:21:00 PST 2002

Will putting the files on an off-site (to the client) web server really
help to reduce traffic?

Does it matter if the clients download the files via POP OR HTTP? In fact
HTTP could be worse, since they may download the files multiple times.

Surely the real answer is to put a mail server in each location
and forward emails there. Then, there should be only one copy of the email
sent per location and the local mail server will handle the distribution
of the one email to many clients via the LAN (rather than the WAN).

Simon