[Esd-l] quarantining options

Chris csmith at squiz.net
Tue Sep 4 18:49:01 PDT 2001

Hey all,

I was re-reading the configuration options today and found this :

* SECURITY_QUARANTINE: Where to save poisoned messages.
If you would rather see quarantined messages as one-message-per-file, then
point SECURITY_QUARANTINE at a directory instead of a file. The directory
must already exist.

I was trying this by changing the /etc/procmailrc file :

SECURITY_QUARANTINE=/var/spool/mail/procmail/

(drwxr-xr-x      procmail)

However, it bounced:

Attempt to quarantine the following message in $SECURITY_QUARANTINE failed.
Message has been bounced.
Verify file access permissions:
total 0

Any suggestions?

Another thing I'd like to do (but haven't seen mentioned, the archives are
hard to search!) is send the text part of the email still but keep the
attachment quarantined
That possible?