[Esd-l] Funny problem with From lines

Bob Billson reb at bhive.dhs.org
Wed Oct 17 14:52:01 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 04:57:50PM -0400, Jonathan Giles wrote:
> changes to my procmailrc file:
> added DISABLE_MACRO_CHECK=yes
> and changed where the log goes
> procmail started to sporadically screw up From lines leaving off the F.

Interesting, I haven't changed anything as you have.  I noticed this behavior
twice.  Once the other day when someone sent me a .doc attachment.  I didn't
connect it with the sanitizer until today.  Today, it *only* did this for one
particular email.  I was (purposely) sending myself mail containing four .doc
and .rtf attachments from one Linux box on my LAN to another.  It didn't
defanged the attachments in either case.  The dropped F is consistent.  I
can make it happen every time.

         bob
--
 bob billson        email: reb at bhive.dhs.org          ham: kc2wz