[Esa-l]Performance a problem?

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Mon May 21 09:57:38 PDT 2001

At 08:20 AM 5/21/2001, Brian D. Hanna wrote:

>Russell Fulton <r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz> is curious if any large-volume
>users are having problems with the sanitizer. Anyone?

In one case, I set up John's sanitizer for a site that used a 100 MHz 486
as its mail server. They got hundreds of messages an hour; no problem.
The version of my patchkit that I gave them does remove his macro scoring
system since they use a virus checker that does its own heuristic macro
scoring. This saves some cycles, since it isn't necessary to do a MIME
decode or parsing of those messages.

--Brett