[Esa-l] Convincing Users to Patch

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Wed May 2 12:29:36 PDT 2001

The best way to deal with a user who refused to remove a Trojan or
worm is to contact his ISP. It is, or should be, a violation of their
AUP to knowingly spread Trojan horses or worms. You can also block
this user's mail via the access control database in Sendmail to
prevent him from infecting your users.

You may not be able to get him to patch Outhou... er, Outlook, but
his ISP can insist that he install a virus checker or be booted
off the network.

--Brett