[Esa-l] Stopping Spammage

Jason Jordan esa-l at pcguru.com.au
Tue May 1 03:39:26 PDT 2001

Folks,

I've noticed a massive pickup in spam over the last 2 weeks or so....

You may recall I wanted to block HTML email - well I got that working
nicely and the world's a nicer place!

It doesn't happen very often, but one regular characteristic of the spam
I'm still receiving is that the TO: field is completely blank.

Now I assume this means I was bcc'ed...?

Does anyone know of a way - either sendmail rule or procmail (John's
script?) to deny e-mail with missing fields?

Also, what would be the collateral damage of forcing the claimed sender
address to match the resolved address?  Below you can see it claimed to
be mail.888vvip.com where it was really pacific.net.sg.  Can I even
check for that when the mail was accepted by someone else?

I include the headers below... 8-/