[Esa-l] feeble.you!dora.exploit (fwd)

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Tue Mar 20 12:00:21 PST 2001

John:

This is one of the reasons I asked for Web bug defanging. Of
course, the first thing I tell Eudora users to do is to uncheck
the box marked "Use Microsoft's Viewer," since this lets IE
render your e-mail and opens you up to all KINDS of nasty
exploits.

Eudora used to be the best and most secure e-mail program
available for Windows. Then Qualcomm fell in with Microsoft
(a bad mistake for ANY company; as 3Com found out, no
"partner" of theirs ever emerges unscathed), began to nag
even registered users of their products for personal
information, and turned their programs into nagware and
spyware. Very uncool. I haven't upgraded to 5.x and am
getting ready to dump Eudora for a less offensive e-mail
client. I was going to go to Opera, but then they
announced a partnership with... Qualcomm. This probably
means the Opera e-mail client won't be maintained or
further developed. Can anyone recommend a good e-mail
client for our Windows boxes?

--Brett