[Esa-l]Squirm + Squid (+ Adzap)

Andre Kajita - Administrador da Rede admin at camarasjc.sp.gov.br
Wed Jul 25 09:59:33 PDT 2001

Greets,

5 hours of the filtering rules and so far so good, no complaints so
far o I guess the folks around here a to busy swapping Flash
animations...  :)

> If you restrict this to webmail sites that's less of a problem; but
> then, of course, you're trading that benefit for the hassle of needing
> to maintain a list of webmail sites...

Actually I was thinking of that but I decided to extend the rules a
bit into general browsing, it doesn't hurt that much - that way I can
get some sleep at night during major worm-fests.  On the subject of
webmail servers - I know Hotmail serves attached files from no-name
servers (i.e. the URL is an IP) so filtering hotmail.com for \.exe$
won't stop 'em.

> Also: you should probably use:
> instead, so that you're not assuming a three-letter first extension.

Yup, you're right - I'm gonna add it in...

Thanks,
Andre.
--
Arthur Dent: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford Prefect: "You ask a glass of water."