[Esa-l]Boy, this Sircam worm is BIG.

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Mon Jul 23 19:19:40 PDT 2001

We're getting dozens of copies of Sircam per hour, at an average of 220K
bytes per pop. This has to be the biggest worm I've ever encountered.
It's also among the most annoying in that it responds to EACH new message
the victim receives. So, he or she might send dozens of copies to the
same person or mailing list. I have a semi-automatic notifier set up to
warn infected parties.

With Sircam, Code Red, and Hybris circulting, we're experiencing the
largest onslaught of malware we've had yet. Our logs and quarantine files
are filling up with indications of all three. I hope that this isn't a
taste of what the Internet will be like in the future....

--Brett