[Esa-l]Hybris and oemcomputer

Phil Pennock pdp at nl.demon.net
Thu Jul 12 18:04:43 PDT 2001

On 2001-07-12 at 17:50 -0700, Paul Thomas wrote:
> My question is, is 'oemcomputer' computer associated with Hybris
> or is there some other explanation for it.

"oemcomputer" seems to be the default hostname chosen by something in
Windows, perhaps Outlook, when you get Windows pre-installed on a system
and don't take steps to change it.

It's simply Microsoft doing what they can to destroy Message-Id's
usefulness, for reasons known only unto them.
--
Phil Pennock                        <pdp at nl.demon.net> <Phil.Pennock at thus.net>
Demon Internet Nederland -- Network Operations Centre -- Systems Administrator