[Esd-l] An evil thought

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Wed Dec 19 10:16:01 PST 2001

At 08:57 PM 12/18/2001, John D. Hardin wrote:

>We could start a SULFNBK.EXE-style Internet Rumor that "outlook.exe"
>(or some less-obvious yet critical component) is a virus file and you
>should delete it from your computer immediately!!!!! TELL EVERYONE!!!!

Dear Mr. Hardon:

I went ahead and deleted the virus as you said but was not able to
send you e-mail to tell you I did that because my system's e-mail
stopped working right about that time.

My browser did work so I used it to set up an account on Hotmail
and entered all of my personal information into my new Passport
wallet.

My credit card has stopped working due to some funny charges and my
computer is calling the Internet at all hours. This began after I
read an incoming message from Hotmail that popped up a box saying
that my system was "0wned by Hackerz, greetz to Cyberd00d and
ChipCh1ck." Are you sure that this is safer?

Joe I. (Innocent) User (r00ted at hotmail.com)