[Esd-l] An evil thought

Snowy Angelique Maslov snowy at snowy.org
Wed Dec 19 05:40:02 PST 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, John D. Hardin wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I was helping someone at my work today who'd gotten the SULFNBK.EXE
> hoax message and was wondering what was going on. After explaining it,
> I was struck by the thought: can we use the sheep reflex to our
> advantage?
>
> We could start a SULFNBK.EXE-style Internet Rumor that "outlook.exe"
> (or some less-obvious yet critical component) is a virus file and you
> should delete it from your computer immediately!!!!! TELL EVERYONE!!!!
>
> It's even sorta true...

Hey everyone - there is this virus that puts a file in your C:\WINDOWS
directory called win.exe .... ;)

That would fix a *whole* lot of problems right up.

(Me ticked off at supporting windows users?  How did you guess?)

--
Snowy Angelique Maslov aka Snowpony  My  [ www.vulpine.pp.se/cgi-bin/furcode ]
   |\=  http://www.snowy.org/       Art  FEHuw3acdm A+ C- Dm++ H+++ M++++ P+++