[Esd-l] Sanitizer on a store and forward sendmail

Michael Ghens michael at spconnect.com
Mon Dec 17 16:31:00 PST 2001

Interesting problem at my day job. I am using the sanitizer on the mail
gateway. What I found out is that each e-mail that gets sanitized on the
gateway with many recipients becomes many e-mails with one recipient.

Example, if the envelope has 10 address, but the time it goes through the
sanitizer, it become 10 separate e-mails.

It was creating spikes in incoming email. A good web page to read that
helps with this by serializing deliver is:

http://www.oit.duke.edu/~mg/email/email.paper.html