[Esd-l] Am I alone in this...?

Murray Crane mcrane at longbridge.com
Tue Dec 11 06:20:01 PST 2001

I realise this may not be the correct forum in which to ask this question, but has anyone else had problem with mail addressed to multiple people in a single site only being delivered
to one person?

On the assumption that that doesn't make a great deal of sense, I'll give you an example.  If I send a message from my Hotmail account with 'To:' set to one of my users here (which
happens quite often as the lUsers don't seem to realise that email doesn't get instantaneously beemed into our mail server from everywhere in the world...) and with 'Cc:' set to my
local account (which I do sometimes just to ensure I know it turns up), I get the message turn up in my Inbox, but the 'To:' recipient doesn't.

Since I am using the sanitizer on a sendmail relay just behind our firewall (logically speaking), and I have watched the sendmail logs while such a message was inbound, I know that
sendmail sees the message is destined for two distinct people before it forwards it [the message] to procmail for sanitizing.  I also know that once it comes out the other side of the
sanitizer, only a single message gets forwarded to our Exchange server.

Is this a know feature of either sendmail or the sanitizer?  And if so, how can I sort it out so that all recipients get the mail.

Kind regards

Murray Crane
Network Systems Administrator
Longbridge International Plc