[Esa-l] Outgoing Mail

Karl.Dunn at vmic.com Karl.Dunn at vmic.com
Wed Aug 15 08:49:20 PDT 2001

If you are worried about secondary traffic like this, don't notify the
sender.  We quarantine bad outgoing mail, and we deliver incoming after
poisoning and defanging.  We notify inside senders (outgoing filter), but
not outside ones (incoming filter).

I >want< to know something bad has happened right when it happens, not
after the boss calls and what-the-heck's me, so the filters are set to
notify me.  I can stop a storm if one happens, and part of the benefit of
the filtering is to limit the chances of a storm in the first place.

Karl Dunn     (KLD13)
VMIC
12090 South Memorial Parkway
Huntsville AL USA 35803