[Esa-l] Outgoing Mail

Floyd Pierce floydp at boxusa.com
Tue Aug 14 06:09:05 PDT 2001

Well, we aren't quite as Microsoft Centric as some, so we don't
have a domain that all employees log into. Norton won't do (as
best I can tell) auto-updates from the corporate edition without
everyone on a domain. Our remotes don't have Win Servers and I
don't want to deal with 250 remote PC users on the NT box. So,
unless you know something I don't, we are at the mercy of the
users to assure the updates are done......

> >I'm not concerned about protecting stupid
> >users from themselves, I'm concerned about protecting innocent
> >bystanders from the stupid user.
>
> Innocent bystanders must protect themselves.  Nobody can be on
> the internet
> while allowing themselves to follow insecure practices (knowingly or not)
> and be considered innocent.  There is an implicit "internet driver's
> license" of sorts.

If you (your company, your employees) send something to your best
customer, your plan will probably end with quite a bang. So, I
would suggest you consider, at a minimum, the employees of your
customers (who are the most likely outside targets, no?) as
innocent bystanders.

--
Floyd Pierce              | Director of Information Technology
Phone  847-790-2830 (IL)  | Box USA
Phone  817-783-2355 (TX)  | floydp at boxusa.com
Fax    847-790-2880       | floyd at floydbob.com