[Esa-l](no subject)

Klaus Steden klaus at compt.com
Wed Aug 1 15:34:04 PDT 2001

> I would like to find out how to have my outgoing mail filtered as the
> incoming mail is now. Can anyone point me to a resource that explains this.
> Currently using Sendmail as the MDA, Fetchmail for POP3 retrieval and
> Procmail for local delivery/filtering.

Filtering outbound mail involves a filter applied pre-transmission and
post-queue - i.e.

mail transmitted via smtp from client to server

server queues message, applies filters, then transmits

As far as I know, the only MTA that has hooks for this sort of thing is exim,
although sendmail's milter API may allow this as well.

hope this helps,
Klaus