[Esa-l]Sircam virus filter

Juan Manuel Calvo jmc at cema.edu.ar
Wed Aug 1 08:12:49 PDT 2001

>On 01/08/01 at 11:41am, Juan Manuel Calvo wrote:

>|I have found a very simple solution to the Sircam problem. Your
>|procmail sanitizer allows defang the attachment but the users
>|receives the email.
>|

>I think that is a poor way to do things. I could easily modify SirCam and
>make the rule above worthless. SirCam comes with double extensions, simply
>poison those and you are set. Adding rules like the above makes the system
>bloated while adding little efficiency. Just my .02 cents.

>Cheers!

David,

I agree, it is a very poor solution if insolated, but combined with the
double extension  cached by the sanitizer it allow stop the infected
emails before it go to the users mailboxes, variants will be poisoned
by the sanitizer as usual.

Regards
--
Ing. Juan Manuel Calvo                       |TE: +54-11-4314-2269
Director del Centro de Computos              |FAX:+54-11-4314-1654