[Esa-l] Deny ALL HTML

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Sat Apr 21 19:35:30 PDT 2001

Jason:

You don't necessarily need to use the sanitizer or Procmail to
do this. You can match tags and reject the message via the
regex matching in Sendmail itself. See my paper at

http://www.brettglass.com/spam/paper.html

for information on how to do this.

Be warned that many HTML messages aren't labeled
as such. This is because AOL -- the target of may spammers
and malicious exploits -- doesn't require an HTML message
to be a MIME attachment. It unconditionally parses and
obeys HTML tags included in an ordinary message. So do
some MUAs.

--Brett