[Esa-l] Logging for Suspicious Sysadmins

Jason D. Jordan guru at swami.pcguru.com.au
Tue Sep 19 16:24:20 PDT 2000

Hi John,

I've been thinking long and hard about this one now...

Could you please add a feature something like this:

A log file is generated listing sender, receiver, attachment name, status
and size ie:

Sender               Recipient                Attachment Name
Status   Size
fred.nurk at loser.com  jo.svenson at mydomain.com  gold.mpg
Blocked  2145234
wookie at hotmail.com   Rupert.Bear at mydomain.com porn_rename_to_mpg.doc
Defanged 5673213
pirate at innocent.com  John.Doe at mydomain.com    self_extracting_zip.exe
Allowed  10247654

Each day this can be sent to the postmaster and maybe rotated out...

I really need a way to find out what my users are sneaking through.  And
this would help when a new nasty bug does the rounds... I can see what the
attachment is and what domain it is coming from.

Cheers, Jas