[Esa-l] Problem Virus

Floyd Pierce floydp at boxusa.com
Tue Oct 31 04:25:23 PST 2000

Yesterday, I had a regional controller who showed up with this:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w95.mtx.html

I can't say whether it got through the procmail-filter or not
but I would suggest taking a look at it. If I had the machine
in hand, it probably wouldn't be impossible to fix, but it did
enough damage that I'll probably have to have him fed-ex the
machine in to get it fixed (probably a re-load).

I think there is fodder for the poisoned list here:

I_wanna_see_you.txt.pif
Matrix_screen_saver.scr
Love_letter_for_you.txt.pif
New_playboy_screen_saver.scr
Bill_gates_piece.jpg.pif
Tiazinha.jpg.pif
Feiticeira_nua.jpg.pif
Geocities_free_sites.txt.pif
New_napster_site.txt.pif
Metallica_song.mp3.pif
Anti_cih.exe
Internet_security_forum.doc.pif
Alanis_screen_saver.scr
Reader_digest_letter.txt.pif
Win_$100_now.doc.pif
Is_linux_good_enough!.txt.pif
Qi_test.exe
Avp_updates.exe
Seicho_no_ie.exe
You_are_fat!.txt.pif
Free_xxx_sites.txt.pif
I_am_sorry.doc.pif
Me_nude.avi.pif
Sorry_about_yesterday.doc.pif
Protect_your_credit.html.pif
Jimi_hendrix.mp3.pif
Hanson.scr
F___ing_with_dogs.scr
Matrix_2_is_out.scr
Zipped_files.exe
Blink_182.mp3.pif

--
Floyd Pierce              | Director of Information Technology
Phone  817-783-2355       | floydp at boxusa.com
Fax    817-315-1414       | floydp at imagin.net