[Esa-l] Files to poison: Hybris

John D. Hardin jhardin at wolfenet.com
Wed Dec 13 20:06:30 PST 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Ron Johnson wrote:

> The output could simply get placed in a file, part of the cron job runs
> "diff" to see if current file is different from returned result, and if
> different, replace it.

If you've already got the file, why waste cycles diffing it just to
see whether it's changed? Just replace the existing file. Granted, you
may want notification about changes, but the expensive part is
retrieving the file, not replacing the existing one.

> There doesn't need to be a single, central server (thought that'd
> probably be nice).

I'll be providing a basic form of that when the new sanitizer is
released.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ   ICQ#15735746   http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/
 jhardin at wolfenet.com      pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin