[Esa-l] Re: Felix Navidad ... Stripping Attachments

Patrick pat at sid-dis.com
Mon Dec 4 15:21:48 PST 2000

Really good job with the sanitizer. Work great.

I'm just wondering, why not delete everything EXCEPT a list of acceptable
extension for your domain? That way, no need to update the sanitizer every
week to add some new evil extension.

For my domain, accepting only .doc, .xls, .zip, .html and .txt would be
just fine.
You could scan everything just in case (for macro virus). Other peoples
could add
whatever they want.

What do you think? Do I am missing something here that prevent the use of
such method?

Patrick.