[esa-l] Email worm warning

John D. Hardin jhardin at wolfenet.com
Thu Dec 16 14:00:05 PST 1999

Please add the filenames in the attached message to your poisoned
executables list. The poisoned executables list is not case-sensitive.

Note that the sanitizer defangs the HTML scripting that is likely used
to automate this attack (I haven't seen a copy so I cannot say
positively), and the executable filenames will be mangled even if you
do not add them to the poisoned executables list, but if they are not
on the poisoned executables list the recipient will still receive the
message and will be able to save the attachment, rename it, and
execute it, thus infecting themselves.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ   ICQ#15735746   http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/
 jhardin at wolfenet.com      pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin