[Esd-l] Re: [Esa-l] Sanitizer rule for Novarg .ZIP attack

Tristan Griffiths tristan.griffiths at stomp.com.au
Thu Jan 29 14:20:07 PST 2004

We've been caught out by those ones too. I'm wishing someone had pointed
me in the direction of http://www.clamav.net/ earlier. Combine Clam AV
with Sendmail Milter and there's the solution to the .zip  attachment
problem. Still using the Email sanitizer just in case the virus scanning
fails.

We've captured 4000+ Virus E-mails (mostly MyDoom) since I setup Clam AV
24 hours ago.

Has anyone else noticed the behavior of the worm where it is sending to
what seems a dictionary or names in the one domain? Like 'bob at stomp',
'fred at stomp', 'joe at stomp', etc...?