[Esd-l] Can anyone confirm that Beagle is successfully trapped?

Peter Hanecak hanecak at megaloman.com
Tue Jan 20 07:18:00 PST 2004

Hello,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, John D. Hardin wrote:

> All:
>
> I haven't seen it, so I don't know if it uses any tricks that might
> bypass the sanitizer. It sounds like a simple enough .EXE attachment
> attack, but if anyone's actually caught one it'd be nice to have
> confirmation.

if you mean something like that:

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:27:22 +0200
From: xxx at yyy.edu
To: zzz at www.com
Subject: Hi

 Test =)
fanjggsnlkbkenm
--
Test, yep.

    [ Part 2: "SECURITY NOTICE" ]

SECURITY NOTICE:

The mail system has removed a file attachment from this message.
The attachment has been discarded.

Please contact your system administrator for details.

Filename: pjtjd.exe

than it looks like sanitizer is working on that Beagle.

I was just starting to wonder that it quite silent recently and right
after that I received few of those like above. :|

Peter