[Esd-l] /tmp/mailchk.??????

Scott Taylor scott at dctchambers.com
Mon Dec 13 08:28:59 PST 2004

John D. Hardin said:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Scott Taylor wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing a lot of files (mailchk.??????) filling up the /tmp
>> directory and html-trap.procmail script is the only thing I can
>> see that might be creating these.  I could be wrong, if so, what
>> else could it be?
>
> Make sure mimencode is working.

What is a good test for this?

I do have MIME::Tools 5.411 (June 2001?) installed on this crappy RHES3
thing, maybe I should update, or is there something else I need to do
first?  Seems RH doesn't like to update anything, only patch for security
updates.  I'm moving to something I can control a little closer (sorry,
don't want to turn this into a rant, I could go on...)

> The sanitizer is extracting the attachment but isn't cleaning up after
> itself when it can't decode the base64.

Sounds like the case; you would know. ;)

Cheers.

--
Scott