[Esd-l] Rash of new email attacks

Scott Taylor scott at dctchambers.com
Tue Dec 7 12:09:51 PST 2004

Hey!  Is this mail list still going?  So quiet.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of new email attacks, where the email looks
like a bounce from another server and really strange, even SPAMCop thinks
it's a bounce.

This is what it looks like:

<snippit>
This mail was generated automatically.
More info about --PAIDFORSURF-- under: http://www.paidforsurf.com

-------
Occured_Errors:

120.211.252.6_failed_after_I_sent_the_message.
# 509: mailbox_unavailable

End
-------

The full mail is attached.

Auto_Mail.System: [paidforsurf]

*-*-* Anti_Virus: No Virus was found
*-*-* INLANDRESTAURANTS- Anti_Virus Service
*-*-* http://www.inlandrestaurants.com

</snippit>

and the headers:
<headers>