[Esd-l] Need help with new install

Ed Kasky ed at esson.net
Mon Sep 22 22:31:05 PDT 2003

Hello there -

I am trying to install E-mail Sanitizer 1.139 on
RedHat 7.2 / 2.4.18-24.7
perl 5.6.1
procmail 3.21

and I keep getting the following when an email comes through that has
attachments.  (I forwarded this one from my work account):

Sanitizing MIME attachment headers in "FW: Failure Notice" from
<kasky at facctr4.priority.usc.edu> to <ed at esson.net> msgid=<0$
/bin/sh: /var/log/procmail/procmail: Permission denied
procmail: Program failure (1) of " perl -p -e ' #\

[cut lots]

procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
  Subject: FW: Failure Notice
   Folder: /var/spool/mail/ed

The message is in fact not delivered though...

#ls -ld /var/log/procmail/procmail
-rw--w--w-    1 root     root       44482 Sep 22 22:11
/var/log/procmail/procmail

I scrubbed google and found one or two instances of the same issue but no
real resolution.

Any suggestions as to where to look next are greatly appreciated...

Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
"For everyone who lives without freedom,
the rest of us must face the guilt." ~ Lillian Hellman