[Esd-l] Palyh worm

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue May 20 12:49:21 PDT 2003

--On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 3:31 PM -0400 Dan Doucette
<ddoucette at redlon-johnson.com> wrote:

> Should this be added?

Don't know, hence my post. Hopefully John will sound off on this soon.

The articles indicate that Windoze executes the file no matter the extension,
so it may be that extension-based blocking won't help in this case.

I vaguely recalled something about scanning file content for the magic
executable header, and found code in the Sanitizer that checks UUE files
specifically. But .pi still looks like it might be an issue.