[Esd-l] Another reason not to mail Office docs

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Mar 8 16:26:26 PST 2003

--On Saturday, March 08, 2003 4:44 AM -0800 Scott Taylor <scott at skot.org>
wrote:

> Know of any way to do that without the users having to click or press any
> extra buttons?  How about spreadsheets and those annoying presentations
> that people are starting to email more of?

I'd love to see an OpenOffice.org module that allows it to be used as a
streaming filter for this.

Grrrrr, I HATE receiving PowerPoint documents used just as containers for a
series of graphics that could have been sent as direct attachments or
posted on a web page. I got one the other day from a tech rep that was just
a poster advertising some product demonstration. It had just a splash
graphic (no useful content) and the date and place of the meeting. How
useful. (NOT)