[Esd-l] ARRGGHH!! (SoBig tidal wave)

daniel lance herrick dan.herrick at pbs.proquest.com
Wed Aug 20 07:32:57 PDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 (a little after ten last
night), John D. Hardin wrote:

> 100+ quarantine notices in my personal mailbox just today. The graph
> from my work is at:
>
>     http://boundary.aproposretail.com/~johnh/quarantine.html

When I look at the graphs about nine hours later,
the Daily (5 minute) graph shows a strange dip for
the entire nine hours.

Did your server disconnect from the net? Or did
DNS for the whole world stop working for a while?

> Death to spammers!

that spammer in Grosse Pointe, Michigan that
people subscribed to all the free catalogue offers
they could find - is it time to do some dumpster
diving to see if he is trying to get away with
using a mail drop somewhere else?

dan