[Esd-l] Security Warning Message as Attachment

daniel lance herrick dan.herrick at pbs.proquest.com
Thu Oct 17 04:54:01 PDT 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, John D. Hardin wrote:

[about header to hold Sanitizer opinion of an e-mail message]
> X-Security.
>
> Outlook may only let you filter on the headers Microsoft deems
> interesting, and the X-Security header by itself is not a clear
> indication of a problem.
>
> The sanitizer could add an X-Security-Warning: header if a problem is
> detected.
>
> Votes? Subject line keyword or X-Security-Warning: header?

I would put something cryptic in a header with a
fuller explanation in an attachment. With
configuration options to turn it on or off.

And I'm sure your research into what headers
Outlook allows users to use in sorting e-mail is
more reliable than mine.

dan