[Esd-l] Possibly Bugbear

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Tue Oct 1 17:33:01 PDT 2002

I have just had a client report that a virus has slipped through the
sanitizer.

I am suspicious that this may not be the case and have found the
following:

The attachment has a double extension with the full name being
>         name=amy & scott wedding menu kelly for erica.pub.scr

However, the attachment shows up as

which might explain why it slipped thru the sanitizer.

My concern is, what would be the impact of a file name without an
extension?  Would M$ be smart enough to try to run it as an EXE, or is
there not a risk?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people