[Esd-l] Binary file problems in sanitizer -Error Messages

thomas at bostaden.swedlaw.com thomas at bostaden.swedlaw.com
Fri Nov 29 17:25:01 PST 2002

Hi again,

with reference to my earlier post.

I have the following error messages in my procmail.log
----
Checking document "test.doc" for stripping
Checking document "test.doc" for poisoning
Mangling executable filename "test.doc"
Mangling MIME type "APPLICATION/MSWORD"
Err: Decoding; No such file or directory - mimencode?
-------

Exactly what file or directory does the error message refer to?

--On den 28 november 2002 09:02 +0100 Thomas Nyman <thomas at teg.pp.se> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm running SuSE 8.0, with the Hardin sanitizer and spamassassin.
> Sanitizer runs before spamassassin.
>
> I have the following problem. If I send a word document from my office to
> my home adress - with the sanitizer off - I have no problems opening the
> file. If I run sanitizer it defangs the word document as it should,
> however it seems that the sanitizer not only defangs, i.e make a name
> change on the document, but it also seems to change the mime type from
> binary to text with the result that I cant open the word document even
> after I change the "defanged-name". Can anyone explain why this is and if
> I can do something about it? I simply want sanitizer to defang the
> document so you have to make a filename change before opening it, but I
> dont want to corrupt the file, which seems to be the case now. By the
> way, I'm using Mulberry on the receiving end.
>
> Thomas

NYMAN & WERGENS ADVOKATBYRE
Advokat Thomas Nyman
Box 226, 901 05 UMEE
epost: thomas at swedlaw.com
Tfn +46(0)90-136999, Fax +46(0)90133299  GNUpg keyid = 20BA7DC5
Key fingerprint: A6CB 46E6 6B2E 6444 B60C 74DE E4C7 F5DB 20BA 7DC5
Public key provided on request - not available via keyserver
This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby requested not to distribute or
copy this communication. In such event please notify us immediately and
delete the original message from your system.