[Esd-l] ANN: Sanitizer update - 1.135 released

Scott Taylor scott at dctchambers.com
Fri Jun 7 07:35:19 PDT 2002

Resent due to carelessness.  Regards.

At 01:00 AM 05/06/2002, you wrote:

<sweep>

>So can I ask you to sign also distribution files? So we can verify also
>the sanitizer itself.

Holy paranoia Batman!  You got the source code, run with it.

>4) ... well, we can come up with a lot of other signing scenarios, but
>they may be usable more or less then those above (more likely less :) ,
>any sugestions?)

How about an autographed CD?  That's not asking too much for something that
is free and open is it?

Seriously though: John, maybe it would be enough if you just added the MD5
sums into your already signed mail?

I forget what it was, but once I ran into a script with a built in checksum
and wouldn't run without it or with any alterations, and actually needed
the sum for decrypting a piece of the code.  I don't know how easy that
would be to crack, but it seamed quite solid to me (that was a long time
ago though).  Only problem, it removes the flexibility of open source. :\

Scott.