[Esd-l] Problem configuring Sanitizer with qmail

Stephen Sloan ssloan at mincocorp.com
Thu Jul 18 07:30:01 PDT 2002

I've installed the Sanitizer on one of our servers and it seems to be
working well with the exception that the notification portion fails. Here is
an excerpt from the log file:

sendmail: illegal option -- U
sendmail: usage: sendmail [ -t ] [ -fsender ] [ -Fname ] [ -bp ] [ -bs ] [
arg ... ]

Our server uses qmail which appears to have its own version of sendmail. Any
thoughts on how to get this working.

The second problem involves a return path header:

Log excerpt:

procmail.log        [BM--] 84 L:[ 41+42  83/ 88] *(4732/4956b)= s 115 73H

 WARN: No usable Return-Path: header found in message.
 NOTICE: No Return-Path: header. Suppressing sender notification.

As far as I can see, the test message has all of the usual headers. Any
thoughts?

Stephen Sloan
MINCO Corporation
http://www.mincocorp.com