[Esd-l] Procmail regexp query

Marcus Williams marcus at quintic.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 06:56:00 PST 2002

[oops - managed to type esa-l instead of esd-l first try]

Hi -

I want to switch off the TNEF stripping on our internal messages (some
people in the company want to use Outlooks Net Folders). We have two
domains onq2.com and quintic.co.uk and usernames are (currently) only
made up of a-z, 0-9 and period char. Will the following recipe do what
I want or should I just replace the [a-z0-9\.] for .*

:0
* ^From:.*<[a-z0-9\.]+@(quintic.co.uk|onq2.com)>
* ^To:.*<[a-z0-9\.]+@(quintic.co.uk|onq2.com)>
{
   SECURITY_STRIP_MSTNEF=
}

Basically I'm not sure of the \. bit - I can never remember this! Will
this match something like user.one at quintic.co.uk?

Also (slightly off topic) with regards to the way Net folders work, is
there anything else I should switch off? If I have to switch anything
else off I'll make the recipe a lot more specific, but for the time
being I dont mind tnef attachments internally (bound to regret that
statement).

Thanks,

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams - http://www.onq2.com
Quintic Ltd, 39 Newnham Rd, Cambridge, CB3 9EY