[Esd-l] procmail dropping "F" off "From " line

Donncha O Caoimh donncha.ocaoimh at tradesignals.com
Thu Feb 14 02:19:01 PST 2002

Sorry for resurecting an old thread. It just happened again, to my own
account this time.
There were about 4 messages in the spool file, the last one was one sent
from cron on a remote machine, but the first message in the file was
missing the "F" in the "From" header line.
Using Red Hat 7.2, sanitizer 1.133 with the following RPMs:
procmail-3.21-1 sendmail-8.11.6-3. Sendmail was configured with my own
install-sendmail script which has worked countless times before.

It hasn't happened in weeks, and the machine wasn't under load either.

Donncha.